Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving... again and again!

Thanksgiving is Yancy's favorite holiday and we got to celebrate it 3 days in a row this year! On Thanksgiving Day, we drove over to Thomaston for lunch with Yancy's grandmother- and aunts and uncles and cousins. It was a very eventful day! Yancy's grandmother, DeDe, as we like to call her, turned 83 on Thanksgiving Day. We sang happy birthday and had a yummy caramel cake, her favorite, along with lots of other delicious food. That afternoon, there was a calf born! It was so exciting and I was surprised how quickly it got up and going! Yancy was disgusted because he has a weak stomach, but I thought it was a neat experience. I think it was the 9th calf born in just a week, so it was sweet to see all the babies in the pasture. (I don't get out much!)

Happy Birthday, DeDe!

Yancy with his Uncle Paul and Aunt Cindy

Lots of baby cows!

Thanksgiving day 2 was also my birthday. I'm technically "in" my 30s now at 31. I really can't believe that! I still feel like I should be 20! Anyway, we celebrated with my parents and my brother's family. Garrett has 3 boys, so there is always lots of activity when we're together! They are definitely all boy! We all had a great time...

and here's the activity!

Yancy taught Garrison about the "atomic elbow"

I had a little help blowing out my candles!

Mmmmmm... yummy cake!

Thanksgiving day 3 was held at Yancy's Mom's house and it was Iron Bowl Saturday. We had SO much food; we could have fed 20 more people! We got to visit with lots of Yancy's family that we don't get to see very often. I enjoyed visiting with them so much, but I will have to say that I did not enjoy watching the game with a roomful of Auburn fans. I'll have to find a different venue for next year! Roll Tide! Anyway, we had a great day and we are still full from our 3-day feast!

Strategizing before the game...


Matthew and Papaw

Yancy refereeing the little football stars... they were hard-hittin'!

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! We all have SO MUCH to be thankful for!

"Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever." Psalm 107:1

No comments: