Thursday, March 5, 2009

Some Little Nuggets of Truth

We're still studying Calm My Anxious Heart and it's still so good! I highly recommend it to y'all! This week had a quote from Andrew Murray that I love. It's just a good reminder that God has us all right where we are for a purpose and He's gonna use it for His glory- no matter what our situation is.

In times of trouble, say, "First, he brought me here. It is by his will I am in this strait place; in that I will rest." Next, "He will keep me here in his love, and give grace in this trial to behave as his child." Then say, "He will make the trial a blessing, teaching me lessons he intends me to learn, and working in me the grace he means to bestow." And last, say, "In his good time he can bring me out again. How and when, he knows." Therefore, say, "I am here (1)by God's appointment, (2)in his keeping, (3)under his training, (4)for his time."

I'm trying to keep my focus not on my situation, but on God and His purposes.

One other thing that I love is that this week reminded us to remember who God is and what he has done for us in the past.

Remember who God is. What is His character? It's good, loving, kind, merciful, sovereign, wise, just, and faithful!!!

And remember what he has done in the past. He sure has been good to me! He has provided and meet needs that I didn't even know I had. He has encouraged me through His Word, through special friends, through spending time with Him. He has been faithful to me and has never let me down. He has walked beside me through very difficult times. He has given me strength to endure when I thought I wouldn't make it. I will remember what he has done for me! He will surely not abandon me now!

Isaiah 41:10 "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

2 comments:

Ashley Turnbull said...

Joy, an awesome post! I read that book when I was being discipled by Karen Herring. It's still a favorite of mine and one I keep handy. I just copied that quote and sent it to my friends, the Schnorrenbergs, who are in Ukraine now meeting children. I pray it encourages her today - they really need our prayers and encouragement! It's so true!

Anonymous said...

Joy~
This is Allisons friend Jessica. I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy reading your blog. We have had a very rough past few months around here, I was in the hospital for 6 weeks. With lots and lots of time on my hands I often visited blogs to keep myself occupied. I have been home now for almost 3 months but still check in on your blog. I have been keeping you both in my prayers! Keep up the inspirational words!
Thank You Joy!!!