Friday, December 21, 2007

Christmas Songs

I have really enjoyed listening to Christmas music this season. We have Sounds of the Seasons thru our cable, and it's been fun to hear alot of the old Christmas songs. But I have to say my favorite song this year is one by Third Day with Derri Daugherty and Julie Miller called Manger Throne. Here are a few lines...

What kind of king would come so small,
From glory to a humble stall?
That dirty manger is my heart to,
I'll make it a royal throne for you!

Jesus, Jesus, Precious One,
How we thank you that you've come!
Jesus, Jesus, Precious One,
A manger throne for God's own Son.

Every time I hear that I am so thankful that Jesus was willing to leave heaven to come to this sinful earth, just so he could be on the throne of my dirty heart. (Sometimes I like to put myself on my heart's throne, but it always works better when I leave Him in charge!) It makes me so humbled, but at the same time, I feel so loved by His great sacrifice. I pray this Christmas that Jesus is on the throne of your heart, too. Enjoy the season!

No comments: