Monday, July 28, 2008

God's Delays

We had an awesome church service yesterday. The music really spoke to my heart- including one of my all time favorites, Blessed Be Your Name. This song has been my prayer more times than I can count. Also, it seemed like Pastor Steve's message was just for me and Yancy. His title was "Why is God so slow?". I love that title! God never works on our timetable. He's got His own and it's perfect... never early, never late. Anyway I thought I would share some of what meant so much to me. His message was from Mark 5:35-43 when Jairus' daughter dies as they are waiting for Jesus to get there.

1. Delays are a part of God's plan for our lives.
a. Sometimes His delays have nothing to do with us. (This was a great reminder for me!)
b. Sometimes He has much more work to do in our lives first- like building our faith in Him.
2. Our job is to keep believing even when things get worse, not better.
3. In every trial we face, keep in mind the great victory- that Jesus has conquered death.

This was so encouraging to me as God delays in bringing us our baby, as well as moving us to Huntsville. I hope this is encouraging to you, too! God's working in His own time. Keep on believing! After all, He raised Jairus' daughter from death. What an awesome God! If you want to hear the whole message, go to http://www.podcasting.fbcopelika.com/.

6 comments:

The Gross Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Gross Family said...

Hey! I deleted my first comment! SORRY! I'm still learning!
BUT...I sure do wish I could have been there for that sermon! I miss our church so much! AND Gabe's batting song (the song he comes up to bat with) is Blessed Be Your Name. Awesome song!!!!

Amy said...

Hello! I have no doubt that the worship & message were awesome! That's wonderful that God was so personal to you. Ross and I were talking about you guys just this past week. We miss ya'll. Oh yeah...I finally set up a blog. Our address is therosskilpatricks.blogspot.com
I'll be dropping by....
Amy

Amy said...

Thanks for adding us. How do you do that?
Ross and I would love to come and meet you guys in Opelika. Reeltown is about 45 minutes from there. We just got our first caution light here....big stuff.

Amy said...

Would Thursday night be okay?

Amy said...

We'll be out of town. Maybe one night next week?