Thursday, September 11, 2008

Wow... Still Waiting!

It seems like the answer to all of my prayers over the last year (really over the last 6 1/2 years) is wait. Wait?! I don't really want to wait! I'm tired of waiting! I feel like I have waited, and tried to do so with patience and joy and contentment. So, I'm not really happy about the fact that God's answer is still wait. I know that God has great plans for our family. I know He's going to bring us a precious, perfect baby. I know that He will sell our house. I know that He will provide a house for us in Huntsville. I know that Yancy and I will live under the same roof again for more than 3 days at a time. I know that God will provide a church and friends in Huntsville. I know, I know, I know. But sometimes I just don't feel it. But just as I'm writing this, I'm reminded of something I learned in a Bible Study once. I may have even posted about it before. (Maybe God's trying to teach me something, huh?)

God's Word is truer than anything I feel.
God's Word is truer than anything I experience.
God's Word is truer than any circumstance I will ever face.

I have to go back to what I know to be true about God in His Word because 1 Peter 1:25 says, "The Word of the Lord stands forever." So, what does God's Word say?

Jeremiah 29:11 "I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Matthew 11:28 "Come to me all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest."
Isaiah 55:8 "My thoughts are not your thoughts and my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine."
Psalm 37:4 "Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires."
Psalm 113:9 "He gives the childless woman a family, making her a happy mother. Praise the Lord!"
Romans 8:35-39 "...For I am convinced that nothing... will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Romans 8:28-29 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him..."
Zephaniah 3:17 "...With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."
Nahum 1:7 "The Lord is good. When trouble comes, He is a strong refuge. And He knows everyone who trusts in Him."
Jeremiah 32:17 "O Sovereign Lord! You have made the heavens and earth by your great power. Nothing is too hard for you!"
Psalm 33:4 "For the word of the Lord holds true, and everything he does is worthy of our trust."
Psalm 24:18 "The Lord is close to the brokenhearted."

Well, I'm feeling better already! I'm so thankful for His Word. The Lord does have a plan for me. He does love me abundantly and unconditionally. He is good. And He is worthy of my trust. I choose to trust Him... and wait!

"Even though the fig trees have no blossoms and there are no grapes on the vine; even though the olive crop fails and the fields lie empty and barren; even though the flocks die in the fields, and the cattle barns are empty, YET I WILL REJOICE IN THE LORD! I will be joyful in the God of my salvation! The Sovereign Lord is my strength!" Habakkuk 3:17-19

2 comments:

Ashley Turnbull said...

Hey Joy! Just wanted you to know that my heart was heavy this week as I have been dealing with some things not unlike what you described in your post. This blog definitely ministered to me and reminded me of all the things I know in my head about the Lord's Word. Thanks for sharing!

And, when you DO move up here, WE will be your friends =).

Amy said...

I will continue to pray for you and Yancy, my friend. It is such a beautiful testimony of your love for the Lord to see you rejoice even as you wait. I look forward to seeing just what the Lord has in store for you.
Some verses that have ministered to me...Lamentations 3:22-23.