Monday, October 13, 2008

Short Term Memory Loss and A Cruise

OK... so I've already forgotten all my wonderful lessons on waiting! I had a roller coaster of a week last week and it has just left me feeling very sad. I so long for a baby and I'm so sad that I have to keep waiting. Yesterday at church, I cried a lot. I had the lip-quivering cry, you know, the kind you can't control no matter how hard you try. The special music was a song called "Our Hope Endures" by Natalie Grant. It goes something like, "Sometimes the sun stays hidden for years, Sometimes the sky rains night after night... But our hope endures." That was how I was feeling at the moment, like the sun had been hidden for years. Sometimes I get down on myself for feeling sad (and Satan likes to tell me that if I were a "good" Christian I would be able to handle it), but I shouldn't feel that way because Jesus understands my feelings. He created my feelings. He knows my pain and each tear I cry. Jesus felt sad at times too. Anyway, I love the ending of the song, "our hope endures." Even though I am feeling sad, my hope- in Jesus Christ alone- endures!

I am slowly coming out of my sadness though. Number one, Jesus is my hope. Number two, Yancy and I are going on a cruise Thursday! Yancy found out in August that he had won the Pacesetter Award this year! The Pacesetter Award is a recognition given out by Sysco corporate and it's very hard to earn. Basically it means that Yancy is a superstar!!! I'm so very proud of him! His reward for being a Pacesetter is corporate recognition and a trip. This year the trip is a cruise to the Bahamas. I'm so excited about going on vacation, but I think I'm more excited about spending a whole week with Yancy. The timing of the trip could not have been more perfect! You think God had something to do with that? I do! God has been so good to us and blessed us so much! Pray that we'll have a safe trip and come back rested, with renewed hearts... and maybe a tan!

6 comments:

Gary and Summer said...

Have a wonderful trip! We are praying that it lifts your spirits and you have a great time being together. Hang in there!

tmiller said...

Hey Joy! I'm so glad I found your blog. I think there were many of us with tears in our eyes during the special music on Sunday.
Have a great time on the trip and I'll be so jealous of your tan! Tipi

Rebecca said...

Hey Joy! I love you! You and Yancy are going to have so much fun. Enjoy it all...you deserve it!

Maggie M. Cooper said...

Your lessons on waiting were so powerful! I needed to hear them, and I'm sure so many others also! I will continue to lift you up in prayer and cannot wait for the day we all get to meet your precious baby! My grandparents waited 12 years before they adopted my mom and I can say that they wouldn't have changed one second for the blessing they received! I pray you don't have to wait that long, but remember your lessons...keep them close so you can pull them out when you need them:) God will do far more than you ask for or imagine...Your faithfulness is such an encouragement to those of us with lesser trials! Have a fabulous time on your trip!!! Maggie

Lori said...

Oh Joy! I had tears in my eyes as I read your post. I truly respect your honesty. I do not know what the Lord is doing--I know He has such a perfect plan, but it is so hard to see sometimes. I will continue to be in prayer for your and your little baby!! We miss you and Yancy!!

Lori said...

I am anxious to hear about how your cruise to the Bahamas was!!