Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A few prayer requests...

I can't believe it has been so long since I've posted anything! We've had a pretty uneventful month I guess. We're still in between Auburn and Huntsville and still praying fervently for God to sell our house! It has almost been a year since we put our house on the market!!! Unbelievable! I don't know what God is up to, but I'm trying so hard to trust Him.

We're also researching some other adoption options. It's been 2 years since we started all this and we had NO idea it would take this long! We feel like we have done what God has asked us to do and followed up on every lead we've gotten over the past 2 years, but things just haven't worked out yet. For whatever reason, God is delaying in this, too. Again, unbelievable! We have started doing a little more research on some other adoption agencies just to make sure we've got all the bases covered. Please pray for us that we will have wisdom in making all these decisions. We don't want to make a mistake! I know I've prayed so many times over the past few years that I wouldn't be like Sarah (Genesis 15-17) and make a mess of things! As hard as it is, we want to hold out for the perfect child that God has for us. Again, I don't know what God is up to, but I'm trying so hard to trust Him!

Our church is having a ladies conference this weekend in Orange Beach and I am SO excited about it!!! I feel like I'm at a point where I need the Lord to minister to me and I am believing He will! He is enough for every need of my heart! I have such great expectations and I can't wait to see how God shows up- not just for me, but for every lady who's attending!

Thanks for caring for us and lifting us up in prayer! We definitely need it!

2 comments:

kpmantooth said...

I pray for you so...can't wait to get to just hang-out this weekend!

The Solomons said...

As always, you have my prayers Joy. We love and miss ya'll.