Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I Knew It!

That is... I knew that God would show up this weekend- and He did!! But before I give an update about the women's conference, can I just say that God is so good?!?! We got great news on Friday! Sysco has made a few changes and even though I don't understand it all, they are going to let Yancy work in this area until our house sells! Praise the Lord! No more Tuesday morning good-byes. No more separation. No more nights at the Holiday Inn for Yancy! No more pressure to sell the house! Hallelujah! God is so good and just encouraged my heart so much with this news! We still will be moving eventually, but we can remain settled here in Auburn until our house sells. Yancy will be up there this week and maybe 1 night next week to tie up some loose ends, but come May, he's gonna be here with me! We are definitely better together! God is just reminding me that through all of this, He is in control. His answer to this prayer was a way that we didn't even know was an option. He's good like that, you know... providing a way when we don't see a way! Thank you, Lord!!!

So onto the women's conference... what a great weekend! Our speaker was Chandra Peele and she was so great! I had the privilege of being her hostess for the weekend, and I so enjoyed getting to know her and her heart for ministry. She is an amazing speaker, full of joy, and so passionate about what she does. God is doing big things through her! She challenged us this weekend to be church ladies that are...

~non-judgemental. "Man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7
~loving. "Don't just pretend to love others. Really love them... Love each other with genuine affection." Romans 12:9-11
~influential. "For we are the aroma of Christ to God among those who are being saved." 2 Corinthians 2:14-16

She asked us to think about church ladies that have influenced us and I'm blessed to have so many! I've had different ladies for different seasons of my life. I pray that, like them, I might be the aroma of Christ to those around me. What a challenge!

I also had such a fun time with all my girlfriends- new and old! We had opportunities to share our hearts, enjoy some beach time, to laugh hysterically and uncontrollably, and just enjoy being together. It was so much fun! And it was so encouraging to be surrounded by women who are wanting to please God with their lives. These sweet girls have faithfully lifted me up in prayer too and I am so thankful!

So that's it. I counted on God to show up and meet the needs of my heart this weekend and He did just that. He is good!

3 comments:

Ashley Turnbull said...

Oh, that is GREAT news. Sad for me :( but happy for you guys! I know it is a HUGE relief not to have Yancy traveling as he was. We'll continue to pray for the house to sell and for you guys to JOINTLY move up here later this summer!

The Solomons said...

Oh Joy...I'm so happy for you and Yancy. This is great news and just in time too :) Hope to see you soon!

kpmantooth said...

I'm so happy to hear that you get to be with your hubby. I just "fussed" tonight because Jamie's been out a lot this week. Now I am convicted. Thank you my "church lady" friend. :) What an awesome weekend....