Tuesday, May 5, 2009

31 and Having Fun!

Yancy has been begging me to go to New Orleans for years now. I didn't really want to go, so I kept putting him off. Well, we finally made the trip down there this weekend for his 31st birthday. Yancy was right after all! It was a really fun trip! We ate A LOT of great food (I came home 5 pounds heavier!) and saw some live jazz- Dr. John and the Preservation Hall Jazz Band. Happy Birthday, Yancy!!!

Acme Oyster House

Preservation Hall Jazz Band... They were so good and lots of fun!

Central Grocery for a muffuletta... surprisingly delicious!

Antoine's- the oldest family-run restaurant in the country

Cafe Du Monde... I wish I had some beignets right now!

Celebrity Sighting! We ran into Aaron Neville! Yancy walked right up to him like he'd known him all his life. He was really nice and didn't seem to mind. We actually saw him 2 more times after this! (The picture's kinda blurry cuz I was nervous!)

2 comments:

The Solomons said...

Joy, I'm glad ya'll had a great trip. This pic with aaron neville CRACKED me up....I'm still laughing as I type!

Anonymous said...

Got to love it!