Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Overwhelmed!

Yancy and I have been overwhelmed by your love and support for us! We can't thank you enough for sharing in the joy!! It's all just so exciting!

I wanted to give a little update about our weekend and fill in some blanks that I missed in my last post. I will be 9 weeks on Thursday and our due date is January 21. I'm feeling great, other than being just a little tired. I've been taking it easy and napping if I feel like it! Yancy has been so sweet to me; I already feel a little spoiled!

So on to the big announcement weekend... I wanted to share just a couple of things about it. It was so fun to see how everyone reacted so differently. Yancy's Mom cried, my Dad laughed, and my sister-in-law, Katherine, went off like a firecracker. And when we told Yancy's Mamaw, she didn't believe us! She said, "You ought not do me like that!" Of course, everyone is very excited! It truly is a miracle.

One more little story... Friday after we told Yancy's family, we ate dinner, the excitement had calmed down just a bit, and we had moved on to other topics. Our nephew, Dylan- who's 4, cute as a button with big, brown eyes- came over to me and put his arm around me and said, "I prayed for you to have a baby!" How sweet is that! I've mentioned him before and how he has prayed every night for us to have a baby. I cannot wait for him to actually see this baby that he has faithfully prayed for! I know his faith has already grown!

Again, thank you so much for all the messages and phone calls! We are so blessed to have you all share in this with us! And more importantly, thank you for continuing to lift us up in prayer!

"O Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago." Isaiah 25:1

3 comments:

kpmantooth said...

Porter was about that age when we told her we were pregnant with Jack, and she said, quite simply, "God will send me a baby brother. I prayed for a brother." Faith like a child is a saying for a very real reason!! :)

Gary and Summer said...

I cna't wait to see you guys in person and share in the amazing news again! it truly is the best news I've heard in a long time!

Anonymous said...

Joy, its Alexia frazier, Gabe's mama (hope you remember me :0 )
WE ARE SOOOOOOO EXCITED FOR YALL!!!!! Gosh isn't God FAITHFUL and GOOD!!!!! I cant wait to tell Christin she is going to explode!!!!!