Saturday, June 13, 2009

A BABY IS ON THE WAY!!!

TO GOD BE THE GLORY, GREAT THINGS HE HAS DONE! After trying and not trying, after lots of medicines and shots and a 5-day hospital stay, after tons and tons of paperwork trying to adopt, after waiting for 7 YEARS, God has answered our prayers! And He answered them in a way I didn't believe would ever happen! We found out last week that I'm pregnant!! Praise the Lord!!! What a miracle! Now, I have to say that it's not that I thought God couldn't open my womb, I just didn't think that it was in His plan for us. (I mean, we have been waiting to adopt for 2 years! We thought that was God's plan for our family!) But I've been reminded of some verses that I loved while I was waiting and now still treasure...

"My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts," says the Lord. "And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts are higher than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9

AND

"For I know the plans I have for you", says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

I can't continue without mentioning that as I was doubtful that I would ever get pregnant, Yancy never quit believing that it would happen. He held on to God's promise in Malachi 2:15 that says, "Didn't the Lord make you one with your wife? In body and spirit you are his. And what does he want? Godly children from your union."

Who knows why God chose this time or this way, but He is God and in control and we just praise Him for this wonderful gift. He knew all along that this would be the time. We are humbled by His love and faithfulness- as we have been all along this journey. He proved Himself faithful to us, even when He wasn't answering our prayers the way we desired. He has always met our needs and now has blessed us beyond what we could have imagined. Our hearts are so full of joy and so very grateful for this unbelievable gift. To say the least, we are COMPLETELY OVERWHELMED!!!

Y'all have been so faithful to pray for us, love us and encourage us, and we can never thank you enough! It's so exciting to me that you all get to share in this joy because it's not just our prayers that have been answered, your prayers have been answered too! So thank you, thank you, thank you for being great friends and prayer warriors for us! We love you! And we have to ask that you please continue to pray for us! Pray that this baby will be healthy and whole and that most of all, he or she grow up to love Jesus with all their hearts!

"Now all GLORY TO GOD, who is able to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think." Ephesians 3:20

14 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm speechless in a totally wonderful way!!! I'm beyond excited. When are you due? The first thing that came to my mind was what Chandra said about you having a baby before the end of the year!! AMAZING! I have to remind myself all the time that my ideas, time, thoughts, plans are NOT God's...His are so much better! Keep me posted. Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!
Love and prayers!!!! Steph

Ashley Turnbull said...

I AM IN TEARS (AND WE HAVE NEVER EVEN MET...)!!!! Joy, I am SOOOOOO happy for you guys, and your post was just perfect. To GOD BE THE GLORY FOR THIS...we praise Him and thank Him for such a beautiful miracle. Isn't He so good to us? Oh, Joy, I am going to pray diligently (even as I am having back labor pains right now and being induced tomorrow!!!) that His plans continue to play out in this way. Oh, thank you Father...Isaiah 25:1
[ Praise to the LORD ] O LORD, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago.

Christy Hallman said...

I cried the whole way through reading your post. This is so exciting. You two deserve all the happiness in the world!!!! I know the grandparents are on cloud nine and we won't be able to stand them now because they are going to be so giddy. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! We love you are going to keep praying.

Amy said...

AWESOME! I was just talking about you and Yancy last night. Your news will be my praise item in Sunday School this morning. I am pumped. God is SO good!

kpmantooth said...

Really...why did I bother to shave this morning? I have chill bumps all over my body (for the second time in 30 min. since I was just told at Moe's of your news and rushed home to read your blog) as every ounce of me is celebrating for and with you! I can't wait to see you in person.

Teri Dunaway said...

Our God is truly an awesome God ... can't quit smiling about all this! Blessings, blessings, blessings!

Maggie M. Cooper said...

Praise God!!! Oh, Joy! I am so excited for yall! I have prayed and will continue to for this precious angel! What a plan I know our Lord will have for this child! Congrats ten times over!!!

tmiller said...

We are so excited for you guys! I was crying when I read your blog to Wes. You guys are such an incredible example of trusting God. I can't wait to see what else He has in store for you guys! Congratulations!

M and M said...

We are so EXCITED for you two! What wonderful news! God is so good! I am so thankful that His ways are so much greater than ours. Congrats to you and Yancy and we will continue to have you and Baby Carpenter in our thoughts and prayers!!

The Gross Family said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!! I just about died when I read this!!! Gabe and I were just talking about y'all not too long ago and I was telling him I just had a feeling you were going to get pregnant on your own! WOW!! AMAZING!!! GOD IS SO GOOD!!!! We will be praying for a healthy pregnancy. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

The Solomons said...

Words can not express how thrilled and overwhelmed we are....ya'll are an example to all that ALL things are possible with faith in the Lord. We love you all so much! I'm STILL crying today when I let myself really think about it. It's just so wonderul.

Dana said...

I am beyond happy and thankful and thrilled!!!! After your last post, I was so worried about you and felt that you really had hit rock bottom, Joy! But I just kept praying. It's so wonderful to know that God answers prayers, sometimes quickly and sometimes it takes years!!! Love you both and can't wait to see you in person!! (Btw, I heard your news at Church in Wadley Sunday!)

Jennifer said...

PRAISE THE LORD!!! We stand in awe of a mighty God! Thank you for always being so real and transparent as ya'll have walked through this! What a testimony ya'll have! I love you so much! Jennifer

"When they see among them their children, the work of my hands, they will keep my name holy; they will acknowldege the holiness of the Holy One of Jacob, and will stand in awe of the God of Israel." Isaiah 29:23

Anonymous said...

Joy, your blog left me bawling like a baby. Your faithfulness is such an encouragement to me. I am thrilled at your news and in awe of God's amazing timing and love. I know that you will be an amazing mother. God bless you, Yancy and that wonderful little blessing growing inside you!!
Bambi