Sunday, November 7, 2010

Dead End

Does God ever lead us to a dead end? In our perspective, yes... but in His perspective, no! We studied Moses this morning in Sunday school and how God used him to save the Israelites form Pharaoh and the Egyptians. (Read Exodus 14 for the complete story. It's really good!) In verse 2, God tells Moses exactly where to set up camp... by the Red Sea. So why if you're trying to get away from someone would God put you right at a dead end? Why would He want you to camp where there's no where to run? So HE ALONE can get the glory when you are saved! What often looks like a dead end to us is an opportunity for God to receive glory. Exodus 29-31 says,

"But the Israelites went through the sea on dry ground with a wall of water on their right and on their left. That day the Lord saved Israel from the hands of the Egyptians, and Israel saw the Egyptians lying dead on the shore. And when the Israelites saw the mighty hand of the Lord displayed against the Egyptians, the people feared the Lord and put their trust in Him and in Moses his servant."

So this "dead end" story has brought new perspective to me on our journey to have a family. We have felt like we've been at a dead end for a very long time. For a while, the word 'acceptance' has been on my heart. I think God wants me to completely accept His will for us. That's been kinda hard because we felt like we had been very obedient in what God asked us to do and we just haven't seen anything come of it... a dead end. But I learned today that God has brought us to the "dead end" so that He can be glorified. I don't know what our "wall of water" or "dry ground" will be, but I'm excited to see what God is going to do. He may have babies in our future and He may have something else for us, but no matter what, He just wants (and deserves!) to be glorified!

One last thought... Exodus 14 says,"The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still." I've wondered many times over the last few years if we've done the right thing. And most recently, I've felt like we need to quit the pursuit, accept (there's that word again!) where we are and leave it up to God. And God confirmed to me today that we are to do just that. He's got us in a season of being still. He will fight for us. He is sovereign and nothing we do or don't do will thwart His plan for us. He is fully capable of fulfilling His plan for us without our help... or manipulation! So on the day before we leave for Africa (woo hoo!), I'm very thankful that God has confirmed that our "dead end" is right where He wants us to be! HE IS GOOD!

2 comments:

kpmantooth said...

I love and appreciate your wisdom. So glad to see you today for just a moment before you head out!!

Yancy and Joy said...

I'm not sure it's wisdom...I think I'm just slow to get it! Great to see you too!