Saturday, November 6, 2010

It's Here!

After lots of planning, praying, and packing, it's here! Monday we'll be on a plane to Africa! I never thought I would go to Africa, but God has a way of changing our desires, doesn't He?! It's neat to look back over the last 5 years and see how God has put people and circumstances in our lives to give us a heart for Sudan... and now we're going to experience it firsthand! Even though I have moments of nervousness, Yancy and I both CAN NOT wait to be there and we can't wait to be back and tell you all about it! Please continue to remember us in your prayers, along with all of the team's families who will be staying behind. It seems like such a huge task, but God has been encouraging me with Philippians 2:13, "for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order fulfill his good purpose." I'm glad it's not up to me!! Thank you again for your support and prayers! I can't wait to share this experience with you!

1 comment:

Teri Dunaway said...

I can't believe it's here either! Will continue to pray daily for you at "our" time! Love to you both, and I know God will bless your efforts, and bless YOU in the process! Take good care of yourselves!