Tuesday, July 7, 2009

His Word is Alive!

God's Word has been very precious to me this last week and a half. I've tried to spend a lot of time in it because it's so comforting and it's truth. Many of you have sent scripture that has blessed us so much. But I have to tell you about a passage that I read this morning because it spoke directly to my heart, almost jumped off the page at me! I've been struggling a little bit with getting better, feeling better and moving on. I do feel better, but Satan wants me to think I shouldn't be better. And from a worldly perspective, I should be depressed and bitter and angry. But, praise God, I'm not! The Lord used these verses today to reassure me that He is healing my heart, it's ok to be getting better and that blessings do come in hard times.

Psalm 84:5-7
"What joy comes from those whose strength comes from the Lord, who have set their minds on a pilgrimage to Jerusalem. When they walk through the Valley of Weeping, it will become a place of refreshing springs. The autumn rains will clothe it with blessings. They will continue to grow stronger, and each of them will appear before God in Jerusalem."


Oh my goodness! That just sums up this struggle for us! Our strength has come from the Lord. There's no way on our own strength that we could have endured this trial! It has been a time of weeping for us, but it has also been a time of great blessings. As we have walked through the "valley of weeping", the Lord has refreshed our faith and trust in Him. He has renewed our hope in Him and for our future... "a place of refreshing springs". He has also clothed us with blessings. I cannot begin to count the blessings that God has poured out on us through all of this. And we have appeared before God. We have felt His presence like never before.

I'm so very grateful for His Word!!

Hebrews 4:12
"For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow."

2 comments:

kpmantooth said...

You know...not everyone fits their name. You look at someone and you think, "Frank? He doesn't look like a Frank." :) Yours is amazingly appropriate. Thank YOU for the encouragement you're giving me right now and the joy you are sharing!

Teri Dunaway said...

I must concur with kpmantooth! You ARE Joy!