Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Too Much to Say

Because I haven't blogged in almost 3 months...

Because I've been super busy, working 4 jobs (ha!ha!) and doing some traveling...

Because I really appreciate anyone who's still interested in reading my blog...


I have a lot to say! Let's get to it...

In August, we went to the Bristol night race! The week before the race, we had a friend call and say he had 4 free- yes, FREE- tickets to the night race and wanted to know if we'd like them. Hmmmm.... let me think about that for 2 seconds.... YES!!! So off we went with Tommy and Rebecca and we all had a great time. We actually stayed in Boone, NC- a quaint little town with beautiful mountain views- and enjoyed perfect weather while we were there. Good times! JJ- as Yancy and I affectionately call Jimmie Johnson- didn't do so well at Bristol, but we're cheering him on to his 5th championship! Go 48!

Next on to New Orleans. Yancy tried for years and years to get me to go to NOLA and I was not interested. Last year I gave in and went... and loved it. It's a fun city with awesome restaurants, and since eating is one of our favorite hobbies, it's a great city for us! And of course, there's great music too! Here are a few pics...

Arnaud's Jazz Bistro (the humidity does wonders for my hair!)

Preservation Hall- Our favorite place to hear live jazz in NOLA.
Our dentist, who is originally from NOLA, recommended a restaurant called Jacques Imo's. When we got there, we saw crazy costumes and floats. We had stumbled upon Midsummer Mardi Gras, and let's just say that we were very entertained! Jacques Imo's, by the way, was our favorite restaurant in NOLA. It's similar in feel to The Red Bar in Grayton Beach. We highly recommend it!

Galatoire's


Much more to come... New York, new job, Sudan, and living radically!

2 comments:

The Solomons said...

yay for your post..i still check :)

Yancy and Joy said...

Thanks, Allison!