Sunday, December 6, 2009

Christmas Fun

My Mom and I went to Atlanta yesterday to see the Rockettes Christmas Spectacular at the Fox Theatre. We had so much fun together and it was such a Christmas-y thing to do! We stopped first at South City Kitchen to have brunch. It doesn't look like anything special from the outside, but, oh, it is! Our food was delicious with big portions (always a plus in my book!) and our service was excellent! I highly recommend it!
Next, on to the show... how could you not love the Rockettes?!?! It was a great show filled with something for everyone. There was Santa and stuffed animals, Christmas trees and presents, wooden soldiers and rag dolls. And the best part was the ending... a nativity with live camels and sheep, and the real reason for the season read from Luke 2. They focused on the wise men bringing their gifts to the King of Kings! What a great and powerful way to wrap up the fun! Oh, I loved every minute of it! And it was a fun time for me and Mom to spend together! I'm definitely in the Christmas spirit now!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you had a day off from baking! We took DeDe to see the Rockettes a few years ago! What an amazing experience; glad you got to see it!

The Griffins said...

Hey...you look beautiful...I see you and Yancy are still keeping on...keeping on. Hope all is well. Happy Holidays!